Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No iPod Needed

Week 9: thing 21

It was interesting looking at the different Podcast sites. I guess I am still a dinosaur because I do not have an iPod or MP3 player or even a cell phone for that matter. Never the less....
I typed in Read Across America on Podcastnet, Podcast Alley and Yahoo Podcasts - nothing came up for the Read Across America celebration. I did find on Podcast Alley, "
A good read" which was a nice listen. Then I typed in Children's books. On Yahoo Podcasts, "Booktalks Quick and Simple" showed up. That is a podcast I would listen to and suggest to students to get a quick book review. Nancy Keane does a wonderful job, lots of expression and the talks are just the right amount of time.
I did like the way Podcast Alley has the "see details" button and I like Yahoo Podcasts descriptions. I think for myself, it might be a long time before I use this feature on a regular basis. I do like listening to music. But I do not concentrate on tasks real well if someone is talking - so the listening to a Podcast would have to be during quiet time which I don't seem to have much of.

No comments: