Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yahoo! Answers

Week 5: thing 11

I spent quit a bit of time looking at the award winning sites - the one that I picked as a favorite is Yahoo! Answers. I typed school library in the search box and there were questions ranging from overdue book problems to "Why are there problems in not having a school library?" The answers are listed with the readers best answer at the top of the list. I like this site because lots of times I do have a question and am not sure where to find the answer - this site is worth a try. I have used Ask.com but I like this format much better. You can join or just type a question in the search box and read answers that are there. The site also has a time feature so you know how long ago the answer or question was posted. Plus there is a "report abuse" button.
I have a question of the week in the library and I can see students checking for the answer on Yahoo! Answers. It would be a good site to remind students to double check or search another source for the answers, because anyone can answer a question and might just be making it up.

I have joined the Library Technicians United Ning Network and look forward to spending more time on the site learning and sharing.

No comments: