Monday, August 27, 2007

Blogging

Week 2: Thing 3 and Thing 4

Well, here it is - I've set up my own blog and added an avatar!
I think that the idea of setting up a blog is much more intimidating then actually doing it. Blogger makes it so easy to set up a blog and we'll see how easy it is to keep it up as I go along. To me, the hardest things about a blog would be the content and presentation. With so many people online and so many blogs out there - how do you get yours to be the one that people want to look at and read?
Thinking ahead, I can see where (if I get good at this) a blog about current books would be great. Since our students only have a half hour library time I don't always get to book talk. A book blog hooked up to the library website would reach more students and give them ideas about which book they might want to check out before coming to the library.
As for the avatar... once again, it was an easy process to follow. I just love those step by step instructions! Something I did learn was to write down the page number of an item I thought I might want to use. With so many choices, I'd find something I liked and then keep looking and then have to go back and find what I liked again. Yup, writing down the page number makes it much easier. One problem I did have was that I kept getting a Yahoo error message while using avatar. The program would not open. Frustrating - nay. I had a good book to read while I sat waiting for it to come back up!
I received an email of welcome - so Thing 4 is complete. Now on to the next lessons....

No comments: