Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's a blog?!?!

Week 1: Thing 1 and Thing 2

Who would have thought that I'd be setting up my very own blog? I guess this is a part of the "life long learning" that I so often remind others of!
Sometimes we don't want to be left behind or out of the loop when it comes to the relatively new computer jargon that the younger generation is so aware of. For that reason, I want to learn! When students or younger teachers come to me and start talking about blogs, wikis, You Tub, podcasts and what-not - I would like to have something other than a blank "duh" look on my face. Being a hands on learner, Learning 2.0 seems like the perfect way to expand my horizons. Through new learning, I am able to reach and impart knowledge to others.
I'm sure that I will make mistakes along the way and have to do and redo many things. Learning by trial and error is good, right? But I'm ready to start on this new journey. "I know I can, I know I can...."

So, out of the 7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits which is easiest and which is hardest for me......
Let's start with the hardest. For me, being confident in myself as a competent, effective learner is the most difficult. I think that I am too critical of myself - my skills, abilities, talents.
The easiest - viewing problems as challenges. I believe that every obstacle is indeed a learning or growing opportunity. Because of things that have happened in my life, this has been put to the test for me. We all need those little detours to keep our life in perspective. I also seem to have no trouble playing!

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - you will learn lots on your 2.0 discovery journey.

Nice avatar!
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager